gur ke chawal is a rice dessert, sweetened with jaggery. it is generally eaten as is but you can have it a little warm milk also.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 cup jaggery (finely cut)
- 1/2 cup hot water (for jaggery)
to garnish (optional)
- cardamom powder
- saffron paste
- wash rice thoroughly. soak it for 30 minutes.
- drain. keep aside.
- on a low flame, melt ghee in a pan. add rice.
- sauté for 5 minutes. add 2 cups water. cover and cook till the rice feels tender. in a small pan, add jaggery to hot water.
- stir well till the jaggery melts.
- strain it. add the jaggery water to cooked rice.
- simmer. stir gently till the water is absorbed. add saffron paste and cardamom powder.
- serve hot.